The Nehru Memorial Museum and Library invites applications for Atal Bihari Vajpayee Fellowship on Prime Ministers of India for outstanding scholars in Various Fields
What are the benefits ?
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- The emoluments, including allowances, will correspond to that of the professor of central universities. CPF/GPF facilities will be extended only to scholars having permanent jobs who take up the Fellowship at the NMML after taking leave without pay from their parent institution.
- Fellows will be reimbursed contingent expenses up to the maximum limit of INR 30,000 per annum, which they may incur on travel, purchase of stationery, books, typing, photocopying, etc. The claims may be submitted by the Fellows in the prescribed Performa along with supporting cash memos, receipts/details of expenditure every month to the office for reimbursement.
- Preference would be given to those applicants who would use archival records of NMML for their research.
- The duration of the Fellowship will be of two years with no provision for extension.
- The date of commencement of the Fellowship will be when the Fellow submits a joining report to the competent authority.
- On accepting the Fellowship, fellows who are in employment are required to produce leave/no objection certificate from their parent institution for the entire term of the fellowship, so that they will be able to devote their full time to the project for which they have been awarded the fellowship.
- Selected Fellows have to join within one month after the date of declaration of result. This can be further extended for a maximum period of another 30 days with the approval of competent authority only.